Therapeutic support for residential children’s homes is a core offer here at Meadows Psychology Service. Children who are looked after can experience significant trauma. They have often experienced multiple losses and disruptions to their attachment relationships and require specialist support.
We are highly committed to supporting providers to develop their therapeutic practice in order to meet the needs of children and young people who have experienced trauma. We believe that with the right support, every child can reach their potential. Our therapeutic support uses the evidence base for what works with children who have experienced trauma to support your services to meet the needs of children and young people in your care.
The specially tailored service we offer means that we will work with you to create a bespoke package of support, understand your provision and support your system to work effectively and therapeutically.
What do we offer?
Meadows Psychology Service has a great team of psychologists and psychological therapists who have significant experience offering therapeutic support for residential children’s homes. We do this through several offers:
- Therapeutic Training – we provide a comprehensive package of therapeutic training for your services. We do this to ensure that all staff have a thorough grounding in theory around developmental trauma and adverse childhood experiences. We then offer training specifically in therapeutic approaches when working with children and young people who are in residential settings. We also offer specialist training packages to meet the individual needs of children in your care.
- Psychological Consultation and Reflective Practice – we offer a safe space for your teams to understand the needs of children in your care and to reflect on the emotional content of the work. We develop psychological formulations for young people and develop strategies to support staff to work therapeutically.
- Psychological Assessments – we undertake psychological assessments aiming to develop an understanding of a young person’s difficulties and develop a therapeutic care plan.
- Direct Psychological Therapy – we provide direct therapy using evidence-based approaches to children who are in your care.
Other specialist assessments we incorporate:
- Intellectual/cognitive assessments (i.e., WISC-V)
- Complex risk assessments e.g Harmful Sexual Behaviour / AIM3 and assessments of violence risk (i.e., SAVRy)
- Assessments of Protective Factors (i.e., SAPROF-YV)